Sunday, September 11, 2022, will mark the 21 year of a dark day when 2,977 lives were taken from family and friends. In remembrance of the innocent lives lost, heroes who sacrificed their own lives and first responders who selflessly gave will be honored at the Clark County Government building.
The public is invited to their “Never Forget 9/11” ceremony which will start at 9:11 a.m. on September 11 in Downtown Las Vegas. The Government building is located at 500 S Grand Central Parkway. After the ceremony a car show will take place from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Government Center parking lot. The car show will be showcased by Las Vegas Cruisin’ Association and Avenue Motorsports.
The Day Will Feature:
- Las Vegas Multiagency Honor Guard
- A speech from Frank Pizarro (A 21 1/2 year NYC fire fighter)
- A firefighter who survived the attack in 2001
- A reflection from Clark County Commissioner, Marilyn Kirkpatrick and Commission Chairman, Joe Gibson
- A ringing of the bell to honor firefighters who gave their lives to terrorist attacks
- Musical performance by Technical Sgt. Ben Ekblad
- Active-Duty Nellis Air Force Base service member
- 9/11 Prayer
You can find more details about this event at https://www.clarkcountynv.gov.